This is a professionally produced Discovery Channel show that features some of the main players at the Kiewit Toba/Montrose IPP project.
There are few things to look at.
1. You will see Sam and Arlen Fitzpatrick talking about the inherent dangers on that project...shortly before Sam was killed by a large boulder that came from the work-site above him.
2. The hellbent drive to make schedule and profits by the managers is weaved into all aspects of the documentary. Safety appears to be a nuisance.
3. In the brief scenes with Jim McBride at the accident scene, the background is littered with uncountable loose rocks and boulders on the steep slope.
4. The avalanche technician in the video, was later involved in the helicopter crash at the Toba/Montrose site.
news story here...
5. And let's not gloss over all the workers killed in the plane crash while flying to the job-site.
click the link for the video....
The appeal process to reinstate the full $250,000 fine against Kiewit ( pennies to a 12 billion dollar a year corporation ) is still in play....lead bravely by Sam's dad...Brian Fitzpatrick . At the moment, the Kiewit appeals process has reduced the WorkSafeBC fine to around $90,000.