Monday 6 May 2013

Madill Yarder on Mack LRSW Truck

Spring has sprung

 The grass has riz

Time to get back to the

Lost treasures biz

May 5/2013 return to the "Lost Treasure Trove of Abandoned Logging Equipment"...this time with a chainsaw.

We hacked our way into 3 machine sites to get better photos and video. 

I've heard stories of people using computers to hack into things...but trust me...that wasn't going to work here today. Although...I do remember times when I was tempted to take a chainsaw to my computer.

I don't know how many Mack LRSW trucks still exist...but I'm guessing it's not many.

Here's a video of cutting our way into the yarder site..Hearing protection and safety glasses required from here on ....

Video Tour of the Mack LRSW/ Madill yarder









Turbo diesel power


Shooting into the sun

Front brakes...that had to be rare...way back when




Me standing on the yarder pipe...looking over at the bushed in 892 and TD-20





More of the same...turbo diesel







welded steel stretcher for those days when things go terribly wrong


















3 comments:

  1. That's cool. As ex-logger, neat to see stuff I worked on and stuff before my time. Is this on the Sunshine Coast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi Morris, thanks for the comment. It's the agreed policy of fellow treasure hunters to never give away the locations.

      We might fool some of the people some of the time
      And we might be constantly confusing ourselves
      But the secrets that we only know the half of
      We'll never tell

      Delete
    2. I have work for that bad boy here in north Idaho....

      Delete